Trick-or-treating can be loads of fun for many children across the world. However, if you aren’t careful, you may be picking up a few cavities along with your treats this year. Exercise moderation in your eating habits, and don’t keep your candy around to continue snacking on for weeks after the ghouls have all returned to their graves. Heed our suggestions, and you won’t find yourself on the receiving end of any nasty tricks on your teeth this season.
– Opt for Healthy Treats: Eat healthy, and you will be healthy.
– Brush after Eating: Residue from candy lingers easily in hidden places, especially from hard or sticky candies, so be sure to brush and floss with proper techniques.
– Go for Short Binges, Not Grazing: Avoid snacking over long periods of time and in between meals.
– Visit the dentist for an oral exam, or a professional cleaning
– Dental Double-check: Check the candy received for yourself and your family, and remove those pieces that don’t dissolve easily or are washed away in your mouth easily.
– Non-Sugar Rewards: Switch out your loved one’s candy with toys, money, or other rewards.
– Make a Candy Plan: Decide in advance what should be done with any collected/leftover candy, or else you could find yourself snacking on sugary sweets for weeks.
To learn more, and to book an appointment, please contact Lisa Halliday, DMD & Tom Halliday, DDS, at 707-996-6704. You can also stop by our office in Sonoma, California.
From all of us, we wish you a safe and fun Halloween season!